Grading Material for (10th kup) beginner student
- Parallel Stance Punch (10 times)
- Front Rising Kick (10 times each leg)
- Saju Jirugi - Video
- Saju Makgi - Video
- Press Ups (10)
- Walking Stance Front Punch (moving forward 4 times)
- Walking Stance Middle Block (moving back 4 times)
- Walking St. Mid. Block Reverse Punch (moving forward 4 times)
- Terminology & History
- Saju Jurigi - Pattern Map
- Saju Makgi - Pattern Map
General Information & History
Taekwon-Do literally means the 'Art of Hand and Foot'. Tae means Foot Kwon means Hand Do means Art or Way.
Founder of Taekwon-Do General Choi Hong Hi, 9th Degree Grandmaster (11th April 1955)
I.T.F. stands for: International Taekwon-Do Federation
Founder of I.T.F. General Choi Hong Hi, 9th Degree Grandmaster (22nd March 1966)
R.I.T.A. stands for: Republic of Ireland Taekwon-Do Association
Founder of R.I.T.A. Grandmaster Ki Ha Rhee 9th Degree. (27th May 1972)
R.I.T.A. President Master Robert J. Howard 8th Degree.
R.I.T.A. Vice-President Master Anthony Phelan 8th Degree.
Meaning of White Belt:
White signifies innocence as that of a beginning student who has no previous knowledge of Taekwon-Do.
TENETS OF TAEKWON-DO: